Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hurt My Soul

My knees are shaking, and now I’m biting the sheets. They’re coming for me . . . I know it; it’s time. I feel my heart skipping beats. I lay on the floor, waiting to hear the door to be kicked in. Bang! It’s started. I have the urge to scream out, but I know that it’s better to go quietly.


It is midnight, the room remains still. The smell of damp grass fills the air. I can hear the howling of wilds dogs. Where am I? Who would take me to this place? These are all valid questions, but I doubt that I’ll ever know the full answer.


The door of the room is opened, I can tell because its old hinges let out an eerie scream every time they are moved. Someone approaches the chair that I’m bound to. They bend down, and quickly loosen the tie. My swollen and probably red wrists sigh in relief.


I’m led into what seems to be multiple corridors. They still haven’t taken off my blindfold. Though I can not see, it feels like something has changed. I no longer feel like I am being imprisoned by walls. I feel at peace and free. Apprehensively, I loosen, and take off the blindfold. In front of me there is a door; it is half open, as if it is asking me to step through into another realm.


The suns rays pierce my skin; but I still walk on. Sweat is dripping off my body, just like tears at a funeral; but I still walk on. As I walk, each step becomes harder, smaller, slower. I can see the end is close, but I grow nervous. The sky is angry, and is close to pouring its anger on me. I force my steps to grow, quicker, bigger, lighter. I near the end as the skies darken. As I make my way, the skies let their anger go, suddenly the light is everywhere.


When I reach the end, I’m exhausted, surrounded by darkness. Impenetrable darkness, I realize that there is nothing after the end, that I should sleep. But, this is made hard; the darkness howls a deafening howl, like a dog howls at the moon. I will never have peace, I must wait, wait for the chosen one, only they will be able to release me from my self imprisonment.


I awake to a beautiful melody, it sounds like it should be sung in a fantasy; its fairy like and mythical. It calls me out of bed, where I rest my tired head. I find that I am in my tiny room, where you can hear the slightest boom! Something tells me that the clothes on the bed have been laid out for me. They come with a note; saying when to go, and where to be. But; I ask just one question, who am I going to see?


It’s late at night when I finally leave; the note telling me where to go is in the front pocket of my blue jeans. It is worn out, and damp from previously being in my sweaty hands. I approach the building; it is covered in an ugly shade of red paint, which is starting to fade and has a quirky doorknocker on the front. The building is situated in the bad part of town; I still wonder what is it that tempts them to this repellent place?


I knock on the front door with the awkwardly shaped door knocker. The series of knocks are followed by similar sounding echoes. A well built hairy man opens the door. Inside, there appears to be a party taking place. The people around me are in a deep conversational hum. Everyone is happy, everyone except me. He, the man behind all of this, looks into my eyes, deep beneath my protective cage. He finds me; the real me. He can see that my happiness is long gone; it had rotted away years ago. He saves me, rescues me from myself. He breathes life into my eyes and mind. He knows that I can no longer be happy, that my chance was long gone, but I can be content. For me that is a gift; a new life, a new beginning.


He turns away from me, and starts to walk through the shadow filled corridors. I follow him; his gait is long and emanates longing. He looks back at me every so often; I think that he wants to know that I’m still there. I feel like crying out to him, I want to tell him that I’ll never leave again.


I experienced an extreme moment of raw energy. This was followed by the realization that the man who I will never leave again, got people from his secret brotherhood kidnapped me and left me for dead.


I know why they did it, they think I know something, something that I’m not meant to know, maybe even something no ones meant to know. I realize that they aren’t going to let me go; not alive anyway. I turned around, he was power walking towards me with a hand outstretched. I heard a click, and a loud bang, and then I felt deep pain in my chest. I fell down onto my knees then I collapsed to one side.


A few seconds later his Italian leather shoes are in front of my face. He crouches down, solemnly, he whispers in my ear “Annieline, although I love you. You know I can not. Although I see you now, I will not. I will not mourn you, because every flower that blooms must also wilt and die. And every river that runs full and flowing must turn to dust, for that is the way of life and everyone knows that... I can’t hear the rest. I know that the wound is fatal and that he isn’t going to help me. I hummed my favourite song, it goes like this; my eyes are wide open, my conscience is clear. I am ready to face, whatever demons may appear...and drifted into a carefree nothingness

No comments:

Post a Comment